Bryophytes are nonvascular plants, definition that they carry out not have conducting tissues and carry out the transport of water and nutrients via diffusion. They are cryptogamic, or rather, they perform not existing flowers or seeds; lock are small in size; they current water-dependent fertilization; in their life cycle, the lasting kind is haploid (the gametophyte) and also the sporophyte relies on the gametophyte to survive.
You are watching: How are water and nutrients transported through bryophytes
2. What space the main teams of bryophytes?
The main teams of bryophytes room mosses, liverworts and also hornworts.
Bryophytes testimonial - Image Diversity: mosses liverworts hornworts
3. Just how is the carry of substances carried out throughout bryophyte tissues? exactly how is this function related to the basic size of these plants?
In bryophytes, there room no water-conducting or nutrient-conducting structures and also the carry of this substances is carried out via cell to cabinet diffusion. The small size the bryophytes relates come this feature due to the fact that if there room no conducting vessels, that is not feasible for cells to be too far apart from each various other (the development of conducting tissues in tracheophytes allowed their rise in size).
4. What is the life cycle kind of bryophytes?
As in every plants, the life cycle of bryophytes is diplobiontic (the alternation of generations). In bryophytes, the lasting form is the haploid one.
5. In general, whereby is the sporophyte situated in relation to the gametophyte in bryophytes? just how does the sporophyte achieve nutrients?
In general, the bryophyte sporophyte is a long, small stem that grows on the peak of the gametophyte. The sporophyte relies complelety on the gametophyte to obtain nutrients.
6. Why have the right to bryophytes be thought about the “amphibians the the plant world”?
Like adult amphibians, bryophytes live in the terrestrial environment yet depend top top water to reproduce. Because that this reason, the nickname is justified.
See more: How Many 2X4 In A Bundle Of 2×4? How Much Is A Bundle Of 2X4
Now the you have finished researching Bryophytes, these room your options:Review this subject, read all Q&As again.Choose another Q&A succession to study by making use of the topic menu.