Mami in Hispanic refers to the same meaning as baby, honey, darling or others. This has some sexual significance too. This shows a guy may be interested in you. Though it sounds more like mommy, and the guys are not referring it any which way. This has a Hispanic origin and is used for someone you like, are interested or wish to date.
You are watching: What does mami mean in spanish
Mami is a Spanish word, but more about calling out as hey sexy, or hey honey. It is spicier and juicy for a pet name. This is more for a compliment and shows the guy admires you.
Some Reasons Why The Guy Calls You Mami Are:Mami is a Spanish word for mother, but now popularly used as slang for showing interest and complementing girls in a sexy way
2. Most Central Americans and other Hispanics use this but not Mexicans
3. It is to show extreme love and interest in some girl
4. When Rickey Martin wants to call out his guy he will say it Mami and not honey or sexy
5. This may even be used with a grown up sister to show how charming she looks in a not so slang way
6. He may like you and think you are hot. But in a very nice way
7. It is a compliment and not a comment
8. This sounds like a mother, but this is not what the guy means
9. If you wish to reciprocate then Papi is the word. Ai Papi means to hold up baby. Oh, Papi means doing whatever you are upto.
See more: How Far Is Wisconsin From Indiana To Wisconsin, Distance From Wisconsin To Indianapolis
10. Mami is a respectful way of telling you are sexy and not being gross at all
More Spanish Nicknames To Show Affection:
Remember these below popular words from Spanish diction, and these may help you understand your Spaniard better. Some of these are:Gordito: Often used when placing an order at Taco bell. Simply means something like little fatty which is a cute exchange between loversPapa: Used to talk to non-related male elders in SpanishPollito: Used in Spanish as cute, adorable and pretty attractiveEse: It means like a homeboyVato: Used in place of dude or guy or manGuy: Pronounced as wey. Used in a derogatory way to call someone silly also used for dudePahucho: Used to call someone’s behavior socially inappropriatePrimo: Refer to some close friendMi Serenita: My mermaidMi rey: my king or my queenMi Vida: my lifePrincea: fr PrincessMi amado: Used for my belovedHermosa: Means beautiful, other similar word are Bella or bonitaMi Alma: Means my soul, hardcore romantic usageChica: refers to girlLindo: Pretty boyChulo: How cuteTonto: someone sillyPrimo: means cousin or close friend
Share ahead and keep writing to us, we love hearing from you!
By Minu Manisha